The resource links below will provide your assessment team with valuable information for establishing a concrete Prior Learning Assessment program:
- Credit for Prior Learning: Transfer Models across the Nation
- Charting Institutional Practice for Sustainability
- Prior Learning Assessment Handbook Northeast Resiliency Consortium
- Credit for Prior Learning Brief, Center for Policy, Research and Strategy
- National Institute on the Assessment of Adult Learning (NIAAL): Thomas Edison State University of NJ
- Council on Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) International Conference
- Canadian Association for Prior Learning Assessment (CAPLA) annual conference
There are other conferences that take place around the world.
Frameworks for Assessing Learning
- Global Learning Qualifications Framework – The Global Learning Qualifications Framework (GLQF) is designed to assist students to document their verifiable college/university-level learning for academic credit and to provide an academic framework for evaluators to evaluate student learning. Funded by the Lumina Foundation.
- Degree Qualifications Profile – A learning-centered framework for what college graduates should know and be able to do to earn the associate, bachelor’s or master’s degree. Funded by the Lumina Foundation.
- LEAP Essential Learning Outcomes – The American Association of Colleges and Universities’ Liberal Education and the American Promise project on a robust set of “Essential Learning Outcomes” — all of which are best developed by a contemporary liberal education.
- Beta Credentials Framework – The Framework uses competencies – what the learner knows and is able to do – as common reference points to help understand and compare levels of knowledge, skills and abilities that underlie degrees, certificates, industry certifications, licenses, apprenticeships, badges and other credentials. Competencies are understood both in industry and academia and can be applied in multiple contexts, making them a powerful unifying way to examine credentials. Funded by the Lumina Foundation.
- Webinar series on credit for prior learning, American Council on Education
Council on Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) research and sponsored projects
- PLA Inside Out: An International Journal on Theory, Research and Practice in Prior Learning Assessment
- Canadian Association for Prior Learning Assessment (CAPLA)
- Prior Learning Assessment, Inside and Out
- Council for Adult and Experiential Learning
- Learning Innovations Laboratory