The evaluation process is significant for students. The resources and guides developed by SUNY Empire State College address the critical importance of providing thorough and effective college-level learning evaluations by qualified individuals. Below are links for evaluators to successfully guide this process.
The iPLA Evaluator’s Role
The three tasks of an iPLA evaluator include:
- gather information on the student’s learning
- assess the student’s learning
- complete a credit recommendation report.
The iPLA Evaluation Process
The evaluation process is significant for students and evaluators need to stay mindful of the critical importance of providing thorough and effective college-level learning evaluations.
Qualified evaluators will:
- Review students’ learning descriptions and supporting materials
- Interview the student: explore areas not covered in the learning description & clarify and verify the students’ learning
- Determine whether to recommend college-level credit
- Write a recommendation report
- Document the evaluation process
- Describe the student’s learning
- Justify specific number of credits, type of credits and the title of the learning.